The first thought that comes to mind when listening to the phrase optical compressor is no other than the old and unique Urei™ LA3A™! Our goal was to create an optical compressor with such simplicity, capabilities and warmth but at a compact size, and the result is the Zipper!
The Zipper MKII is a discreet and quiet optical compressor with tons of headroom and punch to your sound without changing your tonal character.
The hand-selected optical element provides auto adjustable Attack and Release, depending on the signal’s strength and amplitude. Select between Hard and Soft ratio from a dedicated toggle switch, Hard being 10:1 and Soft being 4:1 compression ratio.
Can be used as a maximizer or clean booster with the compress control up to 9 o’clock.
At high compress settings the sound becomes punchy and percussive perfect for “Gilmourish” licks, funk and chicken picking styles.
A high end Pro-Audio compressor at your feet!
- Handmade in Athens, Greece
- True Bypass
- Hand selected optical element
- 2 compression ratios Hard & Soft
- 1 Heavy Duty Foot-switch for enable / disable the pedal
- Power supply : Internal 9V battery clip or 9V Boss-type DC adapter (center -), 12V ok
- Max power consumption : 9,3mA @ 9V DC
- Heavy duty & light weight aluminum box
- Dimensions : 70mm(Width) x 112mm(Length) x 50mm(Height)
- T.A.W. Limited Life-Time warranty
Zipper MKII review at CompressorPedalReviews.com
“Any trademarks attributed that are not owned by Tsakalis AudioWorks, are for demonstrative purposes and to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during TAW’s sound development procedure, and are property of their respective owners”